Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Evansitting

My friend Courtney has passed along some memorable Evanisms (she didn't want to post a comment because that would link readers to her own blog, in which she details her experiences as a mob informant). Here's Courtney:

Inspired by the fantastic grandfather comments in your previous post, here are a couple of my recent favorite quotable Evan moments:

At a sailing party I hosted last Sunday, Evan was full of compliments. When was the last time a 5-year-old boy complimented you on your hair or, better yet, your voice? And both compliments were delivered in such a simple, gentlemanly fashion. "Courtney," he said, "I like the way your hair looks." And, "Your voice sounds just like my friend Aurora's mom's voice, and I REALLY like it." The biggest crowd-pleaser was when Evan asked to be taken for a second sailboat ride and I had to explain that sadly, the wind and water were a little too gusty/choppy for small people on the sailboat. He said confidently, "Well, then, it's a good thing I am five. I can still go."

I remembered another favorite quote from Evan: The night Lloyd and I babysat, Sage was crying shortly after I put her down and I went to soothe her, and Lloyd said, "Let me do it!" I was hesitant because I hadn't seen his baby soothing-abilities, but I let him go downstairs (we were upstairs being jailed and whatnot). After a few minutes, Sage was still crying and I wanted to go help, but Evan said very calmly, "Courtney, Lloyd can handle it."

No comments: